pi·na·ca·te bug | \ ¦pēnə¦kätē-\
Definition of pinacate bug
: any of several clumsy wingless beetles of the genus Eleodes (family Tenebrionidae) found in arid regions of the Pacific states
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game