pi·lo·tax·it·ic | \ ¦pīlōˌtak¦sitik\
Definition of pilotaxitic
: having the form of or characterized by a rock structure composed of a glass-free felted mesh of slender plagioclase strips between which are enclosed the other constituent minerals in minute grains and commonly observed in finely crystallized andesites and basalts
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game