pick up speed/momentumidiom
Definition of pick up speed/momentum
: to begin to have more speed/momentum The cyclists quickly picked up speed as they headed down the mountain. His campaign has begun to pick up momentum.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game