Definition of phyllospondylous
: being or having vertebrae with a hypocentrum but no pleurocentra, the neural arch extending down to enclose the notochord and form transverse processes to support the ribs —used especially of a larval labyrinthodont amphibian
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game