variants: or less commonly phony peach
Definition of phony disease
: a serious virus disease of the peach that causes dwarfing, abnormally dark green leaves, and a light crop of small but highly colored fruit, makes the trees stop bearing after a few years, and is of lesser importance on almond, apricot, nectarine, and plum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game