Definition of perturbing
: causing worry, upset, or concern : unsettling … the absence of mail was somehow just as perturbing as its presence, and it made him feel strangely on edge.— Bentley Little Rowland had an odd feeling … that she might make, later, some perturbing discovery.— Henry James
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game