Definition of permanently
: in a permanent manner : in a way that continues without changing or ending : in a way that is not brief or temporary The restaurant closed permanently in May. an area where the ground is permanently frozen Artificial intelligence has permanently changed our understanding of the mind and has proved itself in hundreds of unsung applications.— Steven Pinker
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game