peri·glacial | \ ¦perə+\
Definition of periglacial
: of or relating to the area marginal to a frozen or ice-covered region (as an ice sheet or glacier) especially with respect to its climate or the influence of its climate upon geological processes periglacial topography periglacial weathering periglacial wind action — Journal of Geology
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game