pere·zone | \ ˈperəˌzōn\
Definition of perezone
: the zone of deposition along low coastal lands lying chiefly between low tide and land undergoing active erosion and including lagoons and brackish-water bays with the accumulated sediments being usually nonfossiliferous but sometimes containing terrestrial or brackish water forms
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game