pen·ta·dec·ane | \ ¦pentə¦deˌkān\
Definition of pentadecane
: any of numerous paraffin hydrocarbons C15H32 one of which has been obtained from petroleum especially : the oily liquid normal hydrocarbon CH3(CH2)13CH3
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game