variants: or less commonly penaeid \ pə̇ˈnēə̇d \
Definition of peneid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to the Peneidae
variants: or less commonly penaeid \ " \
Definition of peneid (Entry 2 of 2)
: a prawn of the family Peneidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?