pel·ar·gon·aldehyde | \ ¦peˌlärˌgän+\
Definition of pelargonaldehyde
: a liquid aliphatic aldehyde CH3(CH2)7CHO that occurs in many essential oils (as of orrisroot, cinnamon, or lemongrass) and is used in perfumes and flavors; nonanal
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?