Examples of patience in a Sentence
- To be a biographer is a somewhat peculiar endeavor. It seems to me it requires not only the tact, patience, and thoroughness of a scholar but also the stamina of a horse. —Nancy Milford, Vanity Fair, August 2001
- … in this time of bioethical conundrums, it is good to know that patience, good will, and personal morality will untie far more intellectual knots than the disarray of rancor, conflict, and special interests … —Sherwin B. Nuland, New Republic, 13 Dec. 1999
- Mind-numbing delays and irrelevant search results are enough to try the patience of the most saintly Web surfers. —Neil Gross et al., Business Week, 14 June 1999
- After a while, their ideological certitudes tried the patience of their own peoples … —Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., New Yorker, 16 Nov. 1992
I don't have the patience to wait in line for hours just to buy a ticket.
Investors need to have patience. The economy will improve soon.
She treated her students with great patience and humor.
I don't have the patience to do crossword puzzles.
Recent Examples of patience from the Web
All this adds up to a bet that massive scale and patience can beat being first to market.
President Trump’s patience could grow thin if the negotiation process takes too long.
But the preceding seven years have really tried investors’ patience.
Ferguson Fire Department Firefighters in Ferguson, Mo., used some ingenuity, patience and ropes to extricate a tiny, squealing pitbull pup from a pipe in a rescue caught on video.
And that’s saying nothing of the precision and patience required to pull off each detail day of.
To maintain integrity of the office of constable; to serve and protect with compassion, courtesy, professionalism and patience by firmly upholding the law without fear or prejudice, and without infringing on the rights of others.
The group waited anxiously to see what seed UA would get, but patience was wearing thin by the time the No.
Commuting with kids requires planning, packing snacks and books, and patience.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'patience.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
PATIENCE Defined for Kids
Definition of patience for Students
- A person will need patience to do this work.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up patience? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).