Examples of patience in a Sentence
- To be a biographer is a somewhat peculiar endeavor. It seems to me it requires not only the tact, patience, and thoroughness of a scholar but also the stamina of a horse. —Nancy Milford, Vanity Fair, August 2001
- … in this time of bioethical conundrums, it is good to know that patience, good will, and personal morality will untie far more intellectual knots than the disarray of rancor, conflict, and special interests … —Sherwin B. Nuland, New Republic, 13 Dec. 1999
- Mind-numbing delays and irrelevant search results are enough to try the patience of the most saintly Web surfers. —Neil Gross et al., Business Week, 14 June 1999
- After a while, their ideological certitudes tried the patience of their own peoples … —Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., New Yorker, 16 Nov. 1992
I don't have the patience to wait in line for hours just to buy a ticket.
Investors need to have patience. The economy will improve soon.
She treated her students with great patience and humor.
I don't have the patience to do crossword puzzles.
Recent Examples of patience from the Web
The only non-confrontational option for dealing with laggardly launchers is patience.
Bob's wonderful stories, kind spirit, gentle patience and humbleness will not be forgotten.
New Jersey Transit to New York Penn Station, that hell of thank-you-for-your-patience dysfunction.
Emotionally driven without irony or cynicism, his sincere works demand patience and can be challenging for today’s viewers.
With time and patience, though, Marcy is a delight to be around.
There are only so many minutes, with regards to both playing time and patience.
Artichokes are edible thistles with tough, thorny exteriors that require time and patience to prepare.
Who has the time or patience to wait for fridge-cold butter to warm up?
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'patience.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
PATIENCE Defined for Kids
Definition of patience for Students
- A person will need patience to do this work.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up patience? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).