Examples of patience in a Sentence
- To be a biographer is a somewhat peculiar endeavor. It seems to me it requires not only the tact, patience, and thoroughness of a scholar but also the stamina of a horse. —Nancy Milford, Vanity Fair, August 2001
- … in this time of bioethical conundrums, it is good to know that patience, good will, and personal morality will untie far more intellectual knots than the disarray of rancor, conflict, and special interests … —Sherwin B. Nuland, New Republic, 13 Dec. 1999
- Mind-numbing delays and irrelevant search results are enough to try the patience of the most saintly Web surfers. —Neil Gross et al., Business Week, 14 June 1999
- After a while, their ideological certitudes tried the patience of their own peoples … —Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., New Yorker, 16 Nov. 1992
I don't have the patience to wait in line for hours just to buy a ticket.
Investors need to have patience. The economy will improve soon.
She treated her students with great patience and humor.
I don't have the patience to do crossword puzzles.
Recent Examples of patience from the Web
North Andover Town Manager Andrew Maylor is losing patience.
Your continued patience and support is appreciated. Respectfully, Camille Casteel, Ed.
Talking about race with people who haven’t experienced the obstacles many people of color have faced requires agility, patience and perseverance.
Thank you for the kindness, patience and support so many people have shared with Jay over the years.
Her patience and sense of humor have proven useful.
The big winner on Day 1 of The Cowtown 2018 was patience.
Above everything else, though, the common theme preached by Pritchard, Jefferson, Jones and everyone else within the Pacers organization is patience.
Three cheers for patience: Dropbox is going public.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'patience.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
PATIENCE Defined for Kids
Definition of patience for Students
- A person will need patience to do this work.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up patience? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).