Definition of lose patience
: to become annoyed or upset about having to wait for something Those people have been here for hours, and they're starting to lose patience. —often + with The team continues to play poorly, and many fans are starting to lose patience with them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game