Definition of partial to
: liking something or someone very much and usually more than other things or people I like all the food here, but I'm particularly partial to the fried chicken. She's partial to tall men with dark hair. I'm not partial to red wine.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game