Definition of parol contract
1 : a contract made orally or by a writing not under seal : contract not embodied in a judgment of record
— called also simple contract
2 : a contract partly or entirely oral and therefore unenforceable under the statute of frauds : contract originally under seal but modified by an agreement not under seal
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?