Definition of parliament roll
: one of a number of rolls of parchment inscribed by the chancery clerks with the records of the British parliament during the period from 1278 until the beginning of the use of journals by the two houses in 1509
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game