Definition of parboiled rice
: white rice that has been soaked, steamed, and dried before milling : converted rice You can always tell uncooked parboiled rice by its translucent kernels; rice that has not been parboiled has opaque grains.— Corby Kummer
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game