plural palm prints also palmprints
Definition of palm print
: a print of the palm of a hand : an impression of the lines and wrinkles of the palm of a hand on a surface And one hard clue turned up: police say Steven Benson's palm print was found on a receipt for pipe like that used in the bombing. — Newsweek The background is soft-ground etching and the texturing is the palm print of the artist's hand.— Anne Stevens Although Oswald's right palmprint was found on the rifle's stock, someone could have left the rifle there to implicate him.— David Fisher also : an ink impression or digital image of such a print taken or made for the purpose of identification "I'll be right over," his lawyer Watson Bryant told him. "They want your hair, they want your palm prints …" — Marie Brenner
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game