\ ˈpāntē, -ti\
Definition of painty
1a : of, relating to, or suggestive of paint a painty odor
b : spattered or smeared with paint after doing the kitchen walls she found that her clothes were all painty
2 : marked by or suggestive of an excessive or often crudely obtrusive use of paint an unskillful painty portrait painty stage scenery
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game