pack (something) upidiom
Definition of pack (something) up
1 : to gather (things) together and place them in a case, holder, etc. You should pack up your tools at the end of the day.
2 British, informal : to give up doing (something) She packed up her teaching job after five years.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?