pace offphrasal verb
paced off; pacing off; paces off
Definition of pace off
: to measure (something) by counting the number of steps it takes to walk its length The new garden is about 25 feet long. I paced it off.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game