Definition of overtighten
: to tighten too much : to make (something) too tight or to become too tight overtighten a screw Secure the bolts but be sure not to overtighten. Similarly, do not overtighten your toes or feet, which could cause muscle cramping.— Lesley Sisterhen McAllister If you're having heel pain first thing in the morning, sleeping in a night splint can help keep the fascia elongated when it would normally overtighten.— Matt Hart
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?