Definition of overthink
- overthink a situation/problem
- someone who overthinks and worries too much
- "I was a terrible actor when I went to New York. I was scared. I would overprepare, sometimes overthink a role."
- —Paul Newman
- For a while now, I've been finding current fiction hard to read: airlessly competent, relentlessly put-together, overthought.
- —David Gates
overthinkernoun, plural overthinkers
- But the problem is I'm an overthinker. I contemplate and consider, deliberate and debate things small and large in my life. Simple things become complicated and easy decisions become complex.
- —Alyssa Meier