Definition of oversolicitous
: having or showing too much solicitude or concern for someone's health, happiness, comfort, etc. : excessively solicitous … our table was subjected to a relentless swarm of oversolicitous servers, which left us wondering if someone in our party—which included a few other food writers—was marked.— Mike Sula Overprotective and oversolicitous parents may inadvertently encourage the child to pay an inordinate amount of attention to his bodily sensations and functions.— Stella Chess and Mahin Hassibi … it is important that the therapists provide social warmth and graciousness without being oversolicitous.— David V. Keith
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game