Definition of overscrupulous
: excessively scrupulous His heroes, heroines, and children are the most lovely and morally overscrupulous in English fiction.— Robert Lowell The overscrupulous TSA agent confiscated the monkey's two-inch-long toy sidearm …— Kyle Peterson
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game