Definition of oversaturate
: to saturate to an excessive degree … since the company went public, it's been opening so many stores that it's at risk of oversaturating its own market …— Angela Mulholland … the Pfieffer Canyon Bridge … slipped several feet in February when storms oversaturated the underlying soil.— Kurtis Alexander … settings that don't oversaturate colors or look too dim.— Dieter Bohn also : supersaturate oversaturated the water with salt
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game