Definition of overprotect
- Resist overprotecting your daughter because it sends the message that you think she can't handle the situation …
- —Kathy Lynn
- But this lawsuit questions whether the university had overprotected an athlete.
- —Marcia Chambers
- One never notices a dead flower, and other artists have said they feel the garden actually looks too fresh and overprotected.
- —R. I. C. Fisher
overprotectionplay \ˌō-vər-prə-ˈtek-shən\ noun
- … millennials' perceived entitlement isn't a result of overprotection but an adaptation to a world of abundance.
- —Joel Stein
overprotectiveplay \ˌō-vər-prə-ˈtek-tiv\ adjective
- … she was constantly anxious and pathologically overprotective of her son; he had, literally, to escape the grounds of their estate and the watchfulness of a swarm of servants in order to play with another child.
- —Anne Bernays
- held back by the overprotectiveness of his parents