Definition of overmannered
: having an exceedingly affected style or manner : excessively mannered … the overmannered air of some of these period pieces …— Kitty Empire "… this place, with these overdressed, overmannered women, who ape fine ladies' manners."— Carolyn Wells He had not liked the man, had not liked his coldness, his overdressed, overmannered personality.— Isaac Asimov
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?