Definition of overlooked
: not seen, noticed, or considered Below the canopies of these massive conifers, however, is the often overlooked ground cover that we'd like to recognize and appreciate: bryophytes, also known as moss and liverworts.— Tyson Gillard As well as revisiting the traditional narratives of politics and war, historians are now becoming more interested in previously overlooked histories—especially those of class and gender.— Mary McAuliffe But sometimes the simplest fixes are also the most overlooked.— David Posey
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game