Definition of overladen
: carrying too heavy a load : loaded with too much of something : excessively laden an overladen [=overloaded] car —often + with tourists overladen with baggage… plants are so overladen with ripe tomatoes that mechanical harvesters must run at half speed.— Jeff Swiatek —often used figuratively … scripts overladen with inflated dialogue but lacking any weighty plot turns.— Akshay Seth
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game