Definition of overindulgence
: excessive indulgence In spite of his wisdom, he could not find fault with her for her overindulgence of the children …— George Eliot especially : excessive consumption of food, drink, etc. Infrequent and brief episodes of atrial fibrillation can be triggered by overindulgence in alcohol, caffeine and food. — Fred Cicetti
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game