Definition of overgenerous
- Drowning in gifts from overgenerous grandparents? Encourage your child to donate a few to kids who have less.
- —Today's Parent
- His usually sympathetic, sometimes overgenerous interpretation of others' motives has been a hallmark of his character at least since his student days.
- —Hendrik Hertzberg
- … the notion that the city's workers are overgenerously paid …
- —The Record Searchlight (Redding, California)
- In fact, the house salad would have been perfect had not a tart, bottled-tasting dressing been overgenerously ladled on top.
- —Susan Braunstein
- … overgenerously describes itself as "one of America's greatest newspapers," …
- —The Washington Post