Definition of overgenerous
: excessively generous Drowning in gifts from overgenerous grandparents? Encourage your child to donate a few to kids who have less. — Today's Parent His usually sympathetic, sometimes overgenerous interpretation of others' motives has been a hallmark of his character at least since his student days.— Hendrik Hertzberg
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game