Definition of overextrapolate
: to extrapolate to an excessive degree Don't overextrapolate—do not try to write an entire paper based on a few findings that are not strongly related to your topic.— Gail M. Staines et al. I do not want to overextrapolate from these testimonials to suggest that this was a universal experience for all respondents.— Oliver Wang … many of its articles overextrapolate and overgeneralize preliminary research results.— Kathleen Meister
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?