Definition of overextrapolate
: to extrapolate to an excessive degree Don't overextrapolate—do not try to write an entire paper based on a few findings that are not strongly related to your topic.— Gail M. Staines et al. I do not want to overextrapolate from these testimonials to suggest that this was a universal experience for all respondents.— Oliver Wang … many of its articles overextrapolate and overgeneralize preliminary research results.— Kathleen Meister
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game