Definition of overextrapolate
- Don't overextrapolate—do not try to write an entire paper based on a few findings that are not strongly related to your topic.
- —Gail M. Staines et al.
- I do not want to overextrapolate from these testimonials to suggest that this was a universal experience for all respondents.
- —Oliver Wang
- … many of its articles overextrapolate and overgeneralize preliminary research results.
- —Kathleen Meister
- overextrapolated research
overextrapolationplay \ˌō-vər-ik-ˌstra-pə-ˈlā-shən\ noun, plural overextrapolations
- … massive overextrapolation from a single data point …
- —Jon Evans