Definition of overextend oneself
1 : to try to do too much Don't overextend yourself or else you'll burn out.
2 : to spend more money than one can afford to spend Young people with credit cards often overextend themselves.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game