Definition of overexcite
- overexcites the dog simply by walking in the house
- "Now don't overexcite yourself, Grandpa," Mrs. Bucket said.
- —Roald Dahl
- Such drawings are also rather characteristic of Tourette's syndrome—the original form, the original thought, lost in a jungle of embellishment … First the imagination is awakened, then overexcited, to endlessness and excess.
- —Oliver Sacks
overexcitableplay \ˌō-vər-ik-ˈsī-tə-bəl\ adjective
- overexcitable fans
- an overexcitable puppy
overexcitabilityplay \ˌō-vər-ik-ˌsī-tə-ˈbi-lə-tē\ noun
- overexcitability in children
overexcitementplay \ˌō-vər-ik-ˈsīt-mənt\ noun
- The Ifta-winning actor's disappointment at her bit-part … was worsened by her brother's overexcitement at seeing his big sister on stage.
- —Jennifer Ryan