Definition of overdecorate
- The children overdecorated the cake.
- overdecorated the Christmas tree with ornaments and tinsel
- "After the years of excess and overdecorating … people are reverting to a more classic and simple way of living."
- —David Easton
- … rejected overdecorated Victorian styles in favor of a spare simplicity that featured geometric shapes and unadorned surfaces.
- —Jonathan Raimes and Lakshmi Bhaskaran
- The Depression-era set decoration is perfect, and you get to appreciate all of it because Haynes lingers on each stucco bungalow, each deserted seaside road, each overdecorated Beverly Hills manse.
- —Stephen King
overdecorationplay \ˌō-vər-ˈde-kə-ˌrā-shən\ noun
- The simple lines sketched by the architects avoided any effect of massiveness or overdecoration.
- —Paul W. Keating
- During the Renaissance and post-Renaissance, when urban development produced an air of luxury and richness, there was an ever-increasing tendency toward overdecoration—to a point where the original form was lost and the function obscured.
- —Henry Dreyfuss