Definition of overdecorate
: to decorate (something) too elaborately or extensively The children overdecorated the cake. overdecorated the Christmas tree with ornaments and tinsel "After the years of excess and overdecorating … people are reverting to a more classic and simple way of living."— David Easton
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game