Definition of overclassify
- The model we describe is intended to work with the differences people bring to the therapy situation, without overclassifying them based on any particular characteristics.
- —Charlie Johnson and Denise Webster
- … has long argued, however, that this cutoff overclassifies children and artificially inflates diagnostic rates.
- —George Kapalka
- The intelligence community too often overclassifies information that many of us believe should readily be available …
- —Pete Hoekstra
- We're overclassifying. We're keeping too much out of the public domain.
- —Robert Baer
overclassificationplay \ˌō-vər-ˌkla-sə-fə-ˈkā-shən\ noun, plural overclassifications
- overclassification of students
- overclassification of government data