Definition of overbill
: to submit a bill (see bill entry 4 sense 4a) of charges to someone for an amount in excess of what is due : to bill for an excessive amount The contractor overbilled us for the work. Thousands of customers were overbilled. The government agency alleges he overbilled nearly $1 million in that five-year period …— Pamela Fayerman … fraud is uncommon—somewhere between 0.5 per cent and five per cent of doctors overbill intentionally …— Pamela Fayerman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game