outwaited; outwaiting; outwaits
Definition of outwait
: to wait longer than But she is patient, persistent and willing to outwait and sometimes outwit the "gray men in suits" in her government and palaces.— Maureen Ryan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game