Definition of outsleep
1 : to sleep later than fear we shall outsleep the coming morn— Shakespeare
2 [ 1out + sleep ] : to sleep through or beyond the end of outslept the storm outslept his opportunity
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game