Definition of outsetting
(Entry 1 of 2)
: the act or process of setting out (as on a journey or expedition) a full description of the outsetting from Gravesend of a detachment of Royal Engineers — Athenaeum
Definition of outsetting (Entry 2 of 2)
: setting or flowing out
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?