Definition of outproduce
: to produce more of something than For the first time in Ontario's electricity history the early morning hours of October 3 saw industrial wind turbines outproduce hydroelectricity.— Parker Gallant China outproduces every other nation in rice and millet …— Alfred W. Crosby specifically, sports : to score more than She had nine second-quarter points to help outproduce the Rambelles in that quarter and make it 34-32 ASU at half. — Andy Newberry
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game