outpowered; outpowering; outpowers
Definition of outpower
: to outdo or surpass in power : to have more power than If the Astros are strong enough in late September to outpower the second-best team in baseball since the All-Star break, they are sharp enough to stick around in early October.— Brian T. Smith The turbocharged five-cylinder engine under its hood outpowers every other automotive diesel engine extant.— Advertisement
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game