Definition of outgiving
(Entry 1 of 2)
: something that is given out especially : a public statement or utterance examining these opinions and the outgivings of eminent bankers — F. L. Allen
Definition of outgiving (Entry 2 of 2)
: not holding back : free and easy cocky, confident, and outgiving— Beach Conger had an easygoing, outgiving personality— Louis Auchincloss
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?