Definition of outfumble
: to fumble or falter more than … the Broncos could become the most horrendous loser in Super Bowl history, going 0-5 to outfumble the 0-4 Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings.— Hubert Mizell "They would outfumble anyone at the restaurant, when it comes to paying for the lunch tab," Mr. [Norman] Flynn said jokingly.— Ellen James Martin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game