Definition of out of circulation
1 : so as to be no longer passing from person to person or place to place coins that have gone out of circulation The magazine has been taken out of circulation; it will no longer be sold.
2 : unable to go out socially He'll be out of circulation for a while after the surgery.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game