Definition of or else
1 —used to say what will happen if something is not done You have to leave or else you will be arrested for trespassing.
2 —used to say what another possibility is He either thinks he can't do it or else he just isn't interested.
3 informal —used in angry speech to express a threat without saying exactly what the threat is Do what I say or else!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game