Definition of optimistic
- an optimistic outlook
- an optimistic economic forecast
- a person with a hopeful, optimistic nature
- I'm feeling optimistic about our chances.
- The streets in question were magnificent commercial thoroughfares, … brimming with heavy streams of eager life—young, fresh, optimistic.
- —Theodore Dreiser
optimisticallyplay \ˌäp-tə-ˈmi-sti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
- thinking optimistically about the future
- an optimistically upbeat forecast
- Optimistically, he anticipates that nuclear weapons … will never be used in war again …
- —Russell F. Weigley