Definition of opposite/other extreme
—used to contrast something that is beyond what is normal or reasonable in one extreme with something else that is in an opposite amount or to an opposite degree beyond what is normal or reasonable After spending lavishly for years, the company has now gone to the opposite/other extreme and has cut expenses drastically.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game